Here are the 10 Facts about Pitbulls
1. Pitbulls are usually utilized as therapy dogs. Whether they are going to a senior home care office or assisting somebody recovering from an emotional spell, Pitbulls are making an imprint as exceptional therapy dogs.
2. Pitbulls are utilized as a part of Search and Rescue work. One case of search and rescue Pitbulls is Kris Crawford and her dogs. Kris and her dogs have helped spare the lives of numerous individuals amid their endeavors.
3. Pitbulls serve as bomb and narcotic sniffing dogs. One Pitbull, Popsicle (named that in light of the fact that he was found in an old cooler) has the biggest recorded single drug find in Texas history. He once found more than 3,000 lbs of cocaine in Hildago, Texas.
4. Pitbulls are fantastic with children. They weren’t named the “nanny’s dog” for nothing.
5. Pitbulls are not aggressive with people. The American Pitbull Terrier as a breed is not aggressive. Truth be told, the exact opposite is true for the breed. They are tender and adoring dogs. Just like any dog, people can have behavior problems as well.
6. The Pitbull was so mainstream in the mid 1900’s that they were our mascot in World War One, as well as World War Two. They were included on military recruiting and propoganda publications amid this time period.
7. Sgt. Stubby was a Pitbull war saint. He was injured in action twice and he spared his whole platoon by warning them of a toxin gas assault and he without any help caught a German spy.
8. Pete the Pup on the original Little Rascals was a Pitbull.
9. Pit Bulls score a 83.4% passing rate with the American Temperament Test Society. That is superior to the well known Border Collie (a breed who scores 79.6%).
10. Pitbulls are not killing machines, they are dogs.